Source: Statistics Canada
New information about international students in who study in Canada has been released by the government. The infographic, shown above, outlines what Canadian provinces overseas students choose to study in, their country of origin and their fields of study. Here are some of the notable insights:
- There were 225 source countries to send study abroad students to Canada
- The top three source countries were, respectively: China, India and France
- More men (158,454) than women (137,055) are studying in Canada
- 80% of international students chose to study in the province of Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec
- 33% are pursuing a college diploma or lower while 67% are in a bachelor-level program or higher
For additional informational on foreign students in Canada, visit Statistics Canada.